Welcome to the Age-Friendly communities Web site!
Launched in March 2011, the Age-Friendly Manitoba Initiative Web site is an online, one-stop resource centre that will provide Age-friendly communities with information, discussions, resources, and identify key persons to assist communities in becoming more age-friendly.
Age-friendly information available on the Web site
- Under the Resources tab, download age-friendly reports and guides, find links on other age-friendly projects, locate information specific for communities and organizations.
- Under the Communities tab, download and adopt age-friendly committee resources, read individual community consultation reports and profiles, find age-friendly related news, and look at the community's age-friendly photo gallery.
- Under the Media tab, find news related articles on the Age-Friendly Manitoba Initiative and watch age-friendly videos.
Upcoming Connecting Community Days
The Age-Friendly Resource Team in partnership with the Seniors and Healthy Aging Secretariat is coordinating the next round of Connecting Community Days for Age-Friendly communities in districts across Manitoba. Invitations have gone out to Age-Friendly committees for the following upcoming days:
- Central District in Winkler on May 27, 2015
- Eastern District in Steinbach on June 9, 2015
- Interlake District in Gimli on June 11, 2015.
For more information, please contact the Seniors & Healthy Aging Secretariat at 204-945-6565 or
1-800-665-6565, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Horizons Program for Seniors' call for proposals: Due July 10
Please see below the links for the New Horizons Program for Seniors' call for proposals which opened today and closes on July 10, 2015. Please share these links with your networks.
New Horizons for Seniors Program for Pan-Canadian Projects:
Community-Based Projects for Funding:
Speak to a resource team member
If you are interested in accessing resources, holding a community consultation, promoting age-friendly, or speaking with a resource team member, all communication can be sent by email to email@example.com or call (204) 945-6565 (toll-free: 1-800-665-6565).
The Age-Friendly Manitoba Initiative supports seniors in leading active, socially engaged, independent lives that contribute to healthy aging. Visit the “About AFMI” tab to learn more about the Age-Friendly Manitoba Initiative.