Welcome to the Age-Friendly communities Web site!
Launched in March 2011, the Age-Friendly Manitoba Initiative Web site is an online, one-stop resource centre that will provide Age-friendly communities with information, discussions, resources, and identify key persons to assist communities in becoming more age-friendly.
Age-friendly information available on the Web site
- Under the Resources tab, download age-friendly reports and guides, find links on other age-friendly projects, locate information specific for communities and organizations.
- Under the Communities tab, download and adopt age-friendly committee resources, read individual community consultation reports and profiles, find age-friendly related news, and look at the community's age-friendly photo gallery.
- Under the Media tab, find news related articles on the Age-Friendly Manitoba Initiative and watch age-friendly videos.
Upcoming Connecting Community Days
The Age-Friendly Resource Team in partnership with the Seniors and Healthy Aging Secretariat is coordinating the next round of Connecting Community Days for Age-Friendly communities in districts across Manitoba. Invitations have gone out to Age-Friendly committees for the following upcoming days:
- Central District in Winkler on May 27, 2015
- Eastern District in Steinbach on June 9, 2015
- Interlake District in Gimli on June 11, 2015.
For more information, please contact the Seniors & Healthy Aging Secretariat at 204-945-6565 or
1-800-665-6565, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speak to a resource team member
If you are interested in accessing resources, holding a community consultation, promoting age-friendly, or speaking with a resource team member, all communication can be sent by email to email@example.com or call (204) 945-6565 (toll-free: 1-800-665-6565).
The Age-Friendly Manitoba Initiative supports seniors in leading active, socially engaged, independent lives that contribute to healthy aging. Visit the “About AFMI” tab to learn more about the Age-Friendly Manitoba Initiative.